BIGS was established in 1997 to:
1. Preserve and perpetuate the records of our ancestors.
2. Locate, preserve, index and publish public and private genealogical records.
3. Acquire a collection of genealogical and historical material for research.
4. Encourage and instruct members in the art and practice of Irish genealogical research and compilation.
5. Maintain and elevate genealogical standards.
We have expanded upon that objective dramatically in recent years by formally petitioning and receiving an Absolute Charter by the Regents Board of the University of the State of New York as a Library with Museum status.
Our library contains artifacts and original family letters dating in the mid to early 1800s. We also have genealogical resource books, maps, documents, computers and reproduction equipment, procured with membership dues and/or donations to the library by members and/or benefactors.
Our current membership is 120+. You are cordially invited to join us and take full advantage of all our resources. As a highly respected non-profit organization, all membership fees, and donations, are tax-deductible. See the bubble "Apply Here" for a membership form.
BIGS is a 501(c)3 non-profit chartered in New York State as a Library & Museum with our genealogical research facilities located at the Heritage Discovery Center, 100 Lee St., Buffalo, NY. As a 501(c)3 organization (of the Internal Revenue Code) all donations to the Society are tax deductible. Make checks payable to "BIGS" and mail to 100 Lee St., Buffalo, NY 14210.
Buffalo Irish Genealogical Society (BIGS)
100 Lee St., Buffalo, New York 14210
Copyright © 2021 BIGS - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy